Monday, March 05, 2007

The Spirit of Art

The Spirit of Art


Art is a great thing, I love to write, to play the piano, the guitar, poetry, drawing, painting, I’ve done all my own art work for my books, or almost all. I do not have other people’s pictures on my walls; I have my own photographs from around the world, I take them. I took other’s down years ago and said: if I want them up there, I’ll go to the places and take them myself, and I did. So I love art in many forms. The artist, literary art, to relieve, and refresh the mind, revives the soul, form an ecstasy, majesty of thought.
I enjoy mediaeval literature as well as contemporary works of art, and the essay, the poem, the short story, the article, I don’t like dullness, I try to live in my art, or work, if it bores me, or gives me world-weariness, trash it. This law I have, is contrary perhaps to customary literary scholars, but sometimes something’s bore me, and it takes me 15-years to read the book, or in some cases, 15-days, and in other cases, one evening.
My innumerable thoughts never stop; it is perhaps why I make so many mistakes. My mind may be on one thing, and shifts to archaeological thinking, and next to opinions. It never stops, sleep is its only salvation, one of the greatest gifts God has given me, and there is an art to that, to dreaming, my thanks to Him.
The world Art, or words, Spirit of Art, has a definite meaning for me, it is a romance, produced during its stages of creation. Like a book. As I write it, refine it, proof it, and finally victory—yes an ongoing romance. Concerning daily life, labor, no idleness involved, that is the enemy of the soul. Man should not be idle, if so, the phantom comes out of him, not art.

The Spirit of Art

The artist appeared upon the land;
From behind the sea,
The sun passed, it shinned
Only for a moment
To clear a path.

#1718 3-5-2007








Poeta Laureado De San Jerónimo de Tunan, Perú

Awarded the Grand Cross of the City

Awarded the National Prize of Peru, "Antena Regional": The best of 2006 for promoting culture

Los Andes University (Peru): Recognition given to Dennis Siluk for his poetic and cultural contribution

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home